Baking news: Lendlease announces Signorelli bakery opening at IQL
International Quarter London (IQL), the £2.4 billion joint venture development between Lendlease and LCRhave announced that Signorelli, the independent Italian artisan bakery and pasticceria, has opened its third outlet at Stratford’s newest mixed-use neighbourhood.
Renowned in East London for its handmade bread, pastries and cakes, Signorelli will be open daily from 7am to 8pm on weekdays and 9am to 5pm at weekends. The 1,146 sq. ft bakery located within Endeavour Square, will hold regular cake decorating classes and event catering to the benefit of the local community, highlighting Lendlease’s commitment to delivering meaningful and sustainable places that add value.
Signorelli joins recently opened Pret a Manger, and Japanese ramen eatery Tonkotsu - the brands seventh restaurant in London. Italian restaurant Figo, a new venture from the team behind Bella Vita in Hackney’s Broadway Market, will also be launching a 3,024 sq. ft. restaurant which will be its second site.
Alberto Rosmini, Head Baker and Owner of Signorelli, said: “We are delighted with our new restaurant and the opportunities it will deliver for us as a business and for the local community. Alongside our daily menu and artisan products, we are looking forward to launching our supper clubs, makers classes events and social activities to IQL adding to the vibrancy of the area we first established our business in.”
Andrew Tobin, IQL Project Director at Lendlease, commented: “The opening of Signorelli reinforces the joint venture partners’ commitment to bringing local London talent and emerging brands to the developing E20 regionby providing a wide variety of choice for residents, visitors and tenants. We are confident this forward thinking independent restaurant will become a firm local favourite and thrive within IQL.”
Nash Bond and CF Commercial represented IQL, RSR properties acted on behalf of Signorelli
For further information on leasing news and Lendlease, please contact Harriet Sutton firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
Closing hours will be daily from 7am until 8pm in the winter then 9pm in the summer on weekdays
· Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group with operations in Australia, Asia, Europe and the Americas.
· Our vision is to create the best places; places that inspire and enrich the lives of people around the world.
· Headquartered in Sydney, Australia, and listed on the Australian Securities Exchange, Lendlease has approximately 13,100 employees internationally.
· Our core capabilities are reflected in our operating segments of Development, Construction and Investments. The combination of these three segments provides us with a sustainable competitive advantage and allows us to provide innovative integrated solutions for our customers.
· Lendlease is behind some of London’s largest and most exciting mixed-use regeneration projects such as Elephant & Castle and The International Quarter.
· Lendlease was recognised as the UK’s Most Sustainable Residential Developer by the NextGeneration Sustainability Benchmark for setting new standards of sustainability and customer engagement for two consecutive years in 2016 and 2017, scoring more than double the industry average.
About International Quarter London:
· International Quarter London is a £2.4 billion joint venture development between Lendlease and LCR. Located at the heart of Europe’s largest urban regeneration in Stratford, the project will deliver four million sq. ft. of Grade ‘A’ office space, new homes and community facilities within a 22-acre (c.9 hectare) site.
· With the vision to create London’s new home for progressive businesses, International Quarter London benefits from an abundance of green space and fresh air, access to some of the world’s most forward-thinking cultural institutions, unrivalled transport connectivity and a workplace design that has employee wellbeing at its heart.
· Progress is well underway onsite with the first two residential, and a further two commercial buildings now complete. More than one million sq. ft. of office space is already pre-let. Investments from DWS (formerly Deutsche Bank Asset Management) and Legal & General totalled more than £615m of forward sales for the first two commercial buildings. TfL took handover of one in September 2017 and the other the Financial Conduct Authority and Unicef relocated to in summer 2018.
· A third building, accommodating more than 3,200 employees is also underway on the south site, with space there pre-let to Cancer Research UK and British Council. This was also forward sold to DWS for c.£240m.
· LCR is wholly owned by the DfT and specialises in the management, development and disposal of property. LCR was responsible for the delivery of the High Speed 1 railway comprising St. Pancras International, Stratford International and Ebbsfleet.
· Today, having divested of HS1, LCR’s primary focus is in the area of property development and land regeneration. In London, LCR is a joint venture partner in the £2.4bn strategic development at International Quarter London in Stratford; in 2016 the organisation also sold its 36.5% share in the major regeneration programme at King’s Cross, for which it was a steward for almost two decades.
· LCR is involved in a number of high profile development projects. These include the regeneration of the 24-acre Mayfield site in Manchester, along with Manchester City Council, Transport for Greater Manchester and specialist regeneration and property developer U+I; the redevelopment of the Axis site in Birmingham delivering 1,000,000 sq. ft. of commercial buildings and a new public square; and a substantial refurbishment of one of Derby’s principal engineering employment centres, the RTC Business Park, which offers 430,000 sq. ft. of office and commercial accommodation